The chart below shows the global sales of different kinds of digital games from 2000 to 2006. Write a report.
Here is a band 8 Academic IELTS report on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with Academic IELTS writing? Get your essays and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 Academic IELTS report
The bar graph illustrates the worldwide sales of four varieties of digital games (mobile phone games, online games, console games and, handheld games) between 2000 and 2006.
Overall, it can be clearly seen that handheld games were the most sold-out games and they became increasingly more popular over the years. Similarly, the sales of online games and mobile phone games increased whilst the sale of console games declined during the six year period. In 2000, handheld games and console games were sold for approximately 12 billion USD and 6 billion USD respectively. Handheld games continued to increase in sales and reached peak sales of around 17 billion USD in 2006. By contrast, the sales of console games decreased steadily and plummeted to around 3 USD in 2006. Online games started becoming available in 2001 and their sales increased steadily over the years. Mobile games hit the market in the following year and saw an increase in sales in the next four years. Whereas in 2001 online games worth a little over 1 billion USD were sold, their sales hit 8.5 billion USD in 2006. On the other hand, the sales of mobile phone games rose from 2 billion USD in 2002 to over 7 billion USD in 2006.
Do you have an IELTS report on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate. Want to improve your grammar? Buy my book with proven tips and tricks to improve your grammar and writing.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Academic Report About Estimated Sales Of Jeans
- Task 1 Academic IELTS Report | Units Of Electricity Produced In Australia And France
- Participation In Leisure Activities | Band 9 IELTS Report | Academic Module Task 1
- Oil Production Capacity Of Six Countries | Band 8 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- International Tourist Arrivals In Five Regions | Band 8 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- Band 9 report about cellular and fixed line call volume
- Band 7.5 IELTS Report Sample | India China Population
- Airport Visitors | Band 7 Academic IELTS Report
- IELTS essay sample | Are computer games bad for children?
- Band 8 Academic IELTS Report Sample | Information About The Different Types Of Audio Media