IELTS Writing task 1
Write a letter in response to a local newspaper advertisement asking people to help with an environmental protection project. In your letter you have to say:
Why you are interested
What you can do
When you can start
I am writing in response to your advertisement published in the Mumbai Mirror on Wednesday, November 21. The reason that I am writing is that I have always felt strongly about the need to protect the environment. In fact, I already volunteer for an NGO working towards the protection of wildlife and environment.
I live in a busy suburban city where environmental pollution has become quite a problem. Because of the dust and smoke one cannot even take a walk along the streets. Garbage thrown around every nook and corner of the city is another major problem. Besides making the surroundings unclean, they attract flies and play a significant role in spreading disease.
As a volunteer for the project, I can help spread awareness about the need to protect environment. I believe that schools and colleges are great places to start creating awareness from. I can also encourage my friends to join the project and create an action council. And since I have no other commitments at the moment, I can start any time.
I look forward to hearing from you.
- IELTS model essay: Do you think that factories and tour operators should bear the cost of cleaning up pollution?
- IELTS Sample Letter 7
- IELTS Essay: Is it good for children to be brought up by their grandparents?
- IELTS Sample Letter
- IELTS Writing: Sample Letter
- IELTS Writing task 1 – letter
- IELTS Sample Letter 5
- IELTS sample letter
- IELTS Test in India (Questions)
- IELTS test in Bangladesh – February 2012 (academic module)