IELTS letter sample | Write a letter to a friend expressing your gratitude for helping you find accommodation
You are going to work in another city for a year. A friend who lives there offered to help you find a place to live. Write a letter to your friend and say
– Express your gratitude to him/her.
– Describe the area that you want to live in.
– Explain what type of accommodation you are looking for.
I was delighted to find your letter in my mailbox. Thank you so much for offering to help me find accommodation in Chennai. Chennai is an altogether new place for me and except for you I have no other friend or relative there. So, when you offered to help I was both delighted and relieved.
I am looking for a quiet neighbourhood that has access to all basic amenities. It doesn’t have to be a posh area. Actually, I need affordable accommodation. The place should ideally have a gym or a jogging track. Also it should be close to my office. I will be working odd hours, so finding a place that I can easily reach at any time of the day or night is important to me. It would be great if you can arrange a one bedroom apartment with an attached bathroom. I am not exactly interested in sharing a room with others.
I hope you don’t mind helping me with this. It is difficult for me to find accommodation in an unfamiliar city on my own, so I hope to hear from you soon.
- IELTS Letter: Write a letter to your friend expressing your inability to meet on a particular date
- IELTS letter sample: Invite a friend to your new home
- Band 9 letter sample: You forgot a coat at your friend’s place
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter to the landlord
- Band 8 letter sample: Booking accommodation in the hall of residence
- IELTS Sample Letter
- IELTS sample letter: informal letter between friends
- Band 8 letter sample: A semi-formal letter
- Letter topic found in India: Letter to friend asking her to babysit your kids
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter expressing dissatisfaction with room mate