IELTS letter sample: Invite a friend to your new home
You have recently moved to a different house.
Write a letter to an English-speaking friend. In your letter,
- explain why you have moved
- describe the new house
- invite your friend to come and visit
Sorry, I haven’t written to you for so long. I have been quite busy over the last few months. How are you doing? I hope everything is okay.
We just moved to our new home. As you probably know, I had been searching for a new home for a while. My old home was a long way away from my office. In fact, the daily commute used to take nearly two hours. Now that my wife has also started working, we decided to buy an apartment in the suburb.
It is a spacious apartment with two bedrooms and a balcony. Also it is only a 5 minutes’ walk from our offices. Of course, the best thing about this home is its balcony. We can host small parties there. Also it is a great place to unwind after spending a stressful day at work.
Well, why do I have to rant on and on about my new residence? Can’t you visit us over the weekend and see it for yourself? It would be fun to have you here.
Looking forward to your visit
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A letter to a friend
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to friend
- IELTS Band 8 Letter Sample: Letter to a friend thanking him for a favour
- Letter topic found in India: Letter to friend asking her to babysit your kids
- IELTS Sample Letter
- IELTS Letter: Write a letter to your friend expressing your inability to meet on a particular date
- IELTS sample letter: informal letter between friends
- Advising a friend about a holiday: letter written by student with suggested corrections
- IELTS Speaking: Questions about home town
- IELTS Writing task 1 – letter