IELTS letter sample about garbage issues
IELTS letter topic
You are disturbed by the rubbish and litter problem in your area and street.
Write a letter to the local council. In your letter
- Describe the situation
- Inform them about the possible consequences
- Give some suggestions to solve the problems.
Sample IELTS letter
Dear Sir or Madam:
I am writing this letter to bring your kind attention to garbage issues in our society. As you probably already know, there are streets in our area that have not been cleaned properly since months so garbage is lying all over the place. Cleaning agencies do not clean the streets regularly.
Some irresponsible society members also contribute to this problem. They dump garbage wherever they can although there are garbage bins in many places. We have to keep telling them not to destroy our common places by littering. Several problems can arise if we don’t keep our public areas clean. People can fall ill due to un-hygienic conditions. Kids do not understand the consequences of playing in such areas and catch infections easily.
Both the council and the society members have to take critical measures to improve the situation. The council has to ensure that each street has garbage bins. People who are found guilty of not using them should be fined appropriately. In addition, the cleaning agencies should be sacked if they are not doing their job properly.
Expecting prompt action from your side,
- Band 9 letter sample 1
- IELTS Band 8 Letter Sample: Letter to a friend thanking him for a favour
- Band 9 letter sample
- IELTS Letter
- Band 7.5 letter sample
- IELTS letter sample: A thank you letter
- Band 9 essay sample | Increase in the amount of garbage reaching landfills
- Band 9 letter sample: A letter giving directions to reach your home
- Band 8.5 letter sample | A complaint letter
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to friend