IELTS letter sample: A thank you letter
You recently visited a tourist destination and were very happy with the help given to you by the staff. Write a letter to the staff manager and say:
– Give details of your visit.
– Describe how the staff helped you.
– What do you want the manager to do?
Dear Sir or Madam:
I am writing to express my sincere gratitude for the wonderful service that I received from your staff during my recent trip to Singapore. This was my first trip to Singapore. Actually, it was my trip to a foreign country, so I was a bit nervous. I felt relieved when Martin, one of your staff members, received me at the airport with a warm smile. He not only took me to the hotel but also kept me entertained and relaxed during the journey by talking about various tourist attractions along the way. He was very polite and generous. Better still, he has a great sense of humour.
I also appreciate the fact that your staff members are highly knowledgeable people. They seem to know everything about Singapore. Although I was in Singapore for only two days, your staff members made sure that I visited all places of interest.
People like them are an asset to any organisation and I must tell you that you are fortunate to have them on your payroll. Please tell them how much I appreciated their kind service.
- Cue Card | Describe your last journey
- Band 8 letter sample
- IELTS writing test in India – letter
- Band 8 letter sample: Complaint letter
- IELTS Sample Letter
- Band 8 letter sample: A letter to the brother
- IELTS speaking: practice questions with answers
- Topic card: Describe a city or town you enjoyed visiting
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A complaint letter
- IELTS model letter: thank you letter sample