A large company in your area has decided to spend a certain amount of money, either to sponsor a local children’s sports team for two years, or to pay for two open-air concerts. It has asked for feedback from the general public.
Write a letter to the company. In your letter
- describe the benefits of sponsoring the sports team
- summarise the benefits of paying for the concerts
- say how you think the company should spend the money
Dear Sir or Madam
First of all I would like to thank you for your willingness to spend a sum of money for the benefit of our community. I have heard that you are planning to spend the money by either sponsoring a children’s sports team or paying for two open-air concerts. Both will benefit our community.
As you probably know, we already have a children’s soccer team. While it is true that we have some of the finest soccer players in the district, the team is facing severe cash crunch. They don’t have adequate training facilities. We have not been able to hire a good coach either. If your esteemed company sponsors this team for two years, I am sure that they will be able to win laurels for our city.
Paying for concerts is also a good idea. There are lots of music aficionados in our neighbourhood; however, the vast majority of them haven’t had an opportunity to watch a concert yet. They will readily appreciate your kind gesture if you pay for two open air concerts in our town.
As you can see, whether you are sponsoring the sports team or paying for the concerts, your action will benefit our community. However, in my opinion, the local sports team needs your support more than the music fans. A concert, after all, is an event lasting a couple of hours and people will soon forget it. But if our budding soccer champions get your support, they will be able to keep winning and give us more and more opportunities to celebrate.
I would like to conclude this letter by appreciating your kind gesture again.
- Band 7 letter sample | A complaint letter
- Band 7.5 letter sample: Permission to give a presentation
- IELTS letter sample: Complaint letter about problems with internet connectivity
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter to Your Manager
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter expressing dissatisfaction with room mate
- IELTS sample essay: Should governments support professional sporting events?
- Band 9 essay sample | Multinational companies benefit from sponsoring sporting events
- Band 8.5 Letter Sample | Write A Letter To Your Friend About Your New Job
- IELTS speaking practice questions with answers
- Band 8 letter sample: Complaint letter