IELTS Letter Sample | A Complaint Letter to An Airline
You should spend no more than 20 minutes on this task. You travelled by plane last week and your suitcase was lost.
You have still heard nothing from the airline company. Write to the airline and explain what happened. Describe your suitcase
and tell them what was in it. Find out what they are going to do about it.
You should write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write your own address.
Begin your letter as follows:
Dear Sir or Madam:
Last Wednesday I boarded your flight #LA1387 from Doha to Bangkok. After landing, I didn’t find my suitcase on the luggage carousel. I asked an airport clerk and together we created a baggage claim. I was told that due to the delay of my previous leg and lack of time between flights my luggage was left in Doha and it would be delivered to my home address within the next 3 days.
One week has gone since my trip and I still haven’t received it. Since I have heard nothing from you in all these days, I have arrived at the conclusion that your company has lost my case.
As I already mentioned in my claim, it was a black leather suitcase with a metal golden handle and it contained my IBM laptop, Canon photo camera and a dark blue suit I bought just a couple of weeks ago.
I was just wondering if you are willing to solve my problem. Are you going to compensate the price of all the items I had in my luggage and also the price of suitcase itself?
I look forward to hearing from you.
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Making An Insurance Claim
- Band 7 letter sample | A complaint letter
- Band 8 letter sample: Complaint letter
- Band 8 sample letter: Make an insurance claim
- IELTS letter: Complaint letter sample
- Band 8 Letter Sample | A Complaint Letter
- IELTS Sample Letter
- IELTS letter sample: Complaint letter about problems with internet connectivity
- Band 8 letter sample: A letter to the brother
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A complaint letter