IELTS letter sample
Last year you met someone on holiday and became friends. He/She has informed you that they will be travelling near your home town on business in a few months’ time.
Write a letter to your friend inviting them to stay with you. In your letter
# show how pleased you are to hear from them
# invite them to stay with you
# tell them about your ideas of how you could spend the time together
I am delighted to hear that you are visiting my country in a couple of months. I still remember our meeting in Tokyo last year. You had then helped me out of a difficult situation even though we hadn’t met before. Since then we haven’t had an opportunity to meet each other.
I am glad that I am finally getting an opportunity to return the favour. While you are in India, you can stay with my family. We have a spacious home in Bangalore. We have also got a spare bedroom for guests. Staying in a hotel in Bangalore is rather expensive. That is not necessary either because my home is only a few kilometers away from the hall where you will be attending the conference. During your stay in Bangalore, we can visit important landmarks in the city. Also, if time permits we can visit Mysore which has some amazing palaces and temples. You will also be able to enjoy South Indian foods during this trip. Please let me know if you have any other plans.
I look forward to hearing from you.
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A letter to a friend
- Band 8 letter sample: Booking accommodation in the hall of residence
- Advising a friend about a holiday: letter written by student with suggested corrections
- Band 8 letter sample: A semi-formal letter
- IELTS letter sample: Invite a friend to your new home
- Band 8 letter sample: A letter to the brother
- Letter topic found in India: Letter to friend asking her to babysit your kids
- Band 9 letter sample: A letter giving directions to reach your home
- IELTS letter sample
- IELTS letter: thank-you letter to ex-employer