IELTS essay topics
IELTS essay topics often repeat. While preparing for the test, practice writing essays on topics asked in recent IELTS exams. If you are really lucky, you could be given one of these topics during your actual exam.
Here is a list of topics for writing essays. All of them were asked in recent IELTS tests.
Essay topic 1
Some people believe that schools should select students based on their academic skills. Do you agree or disagree?
Essay topic 2
When people get old, they tend to believe that the world was a better place when they were younger. Do you agree with this?
Essay topic 3
The crime rate among teenagers has increased dramatically in recent years. Discuss some possible reasons for this increase and suggest solutions. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowledge.
Essay topic 4
More and more women now prefer to have children later in life. What are the causes that prompt couples to delay parenthood? What are the implications of this trend?
Essay topic 5
Most writers of fiction do not earn enough money to make a living. Do you think the government should give them financial assistance to help produce good literature?
Essay topic 6
Some people believe that it is better to study abroad. Do you agree or disagree?
Essay topic 7
Punctuality is important. How far do you agree or disagree?
Essay topic 8
Some people think that a sense of competition should be encouraged in children. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more successful adults. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Essay topic 9
Nowadays, in many countries young people do not stay with their parents. Instead they move to another place to work or study. In your opinion is this a positive trend or negative trend?
- The three parts of your IELTS essay
- IELTS Writing: Model Essay 1
- IELTS Essay: Rise in crime-rate among teenagers
- IELTS sample essay: Should children be allowed to follow their instincts?
- Academic Task 2 (Essay) as seen in Iran
- IELTS Essay: There is an increase in violence in society because police officers carry guns. Do you agree or disagree
- IELTS Essay: Some people believe that advertisements targeting children have negative effect on them
- IELTS test in Australia – January 2012 (general training)
- IELTS essay writing tips
- IELTS Writing: Model Essay