IELTS essay sample
Some people say taxes should be spent on health care. Other people say that there are more important priorities for tax payer’s money. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
People hold different views about how taxpayers’ money should be spent. Some believe that it should be spent on healthcare. Others, however, disagree and argue that there are other pressing needs. In my opinion, the government should spend taxes on all areas that are crucial to the development of a nation. This includes healthcare, education, infrastructure and research and development.
I totally agree with the argument that tax money should be spent on healthcare. However, I don’t think that the whole of it should be spent on this sector. Today people are suffering from a variety of illnesses. While treatments are available, they are often very expensive. By increasing its spending on healthcare services and providing free vaccines and treatments, the government can save many lives.
Other sectors like education and infrastructure are also equally important. Illiteracy is one of the main causes of poverty. A nation cannot progress without education. Since many parents still do not have the means to send their children to schools and colleges, the government should make education free for those living below the poverty line.
Infrastructure is another sector that requires huge amounts of government investment. A nation needs a vast network of roads, railways, bridges and transport systems for development. People and goods should be able to move freely from place to place. The government uses tax payers’ money to fund its projects. Not only healthcare but other sectors also need a boost in the form of government funding.
To conclude, I do not agree with the argument that the whole of tax money should be spent on healthcare. Other sectors also need to grow for the overall development of a nation.
- IELTS essay about financial assistance to poor nations
- IELTS essay sample | Free education will help fight poverty in developing nations
- IELTS Essay: Should governments provide financial assistance to artists?
- IELTS essay sample | Spending money on preventing illnesses is better than spending it on treating them
- IELTS essay sample | Should governments fund artists?
- IELTS essay sample | Economic growth is the measure of a nation’s development
- More IELTS essay topics
- IELTS Band 7.5 Essay Samples: Money Management Skills Should Be Taught At Schools
- Band 9 essay sample | The rich nations should help the poor nations
- IELTS essay sample | Should the governments spend a lot of money on developing internet infrastructure?