IELTS essay sample | Should the governments spend a lot of money on developing internet infrastructure?
In many countries governments spend a lot of money on internet infrastructure. Some say it is reasonable to allocate these funds, but others disagree and say that many more important programs need this money. Discuss both views, give your opinion and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Most countries now spend a great deal of money on developing internet infrastructure and promoting internet penetration. In my opinion, this is justified because the internet has the potential to bring about rapid changes and developments in the society. Of course, the governments have to take care of a lot of other things as well. This, however, does not mean that they should reduce their spending on the internet and information technology.
The internet has revolutionised our lives. Having access to an internet connection is a bit like having access to all the information in the world. The internet allows students to prepare for their examinations and youngsters to find employment. It keeps people connected to their near and dear ones and can act as a savior in a calamity. Because of its always-on nature, the internet allows people to share news and information in real time.
The internet empowers people. By giving them access to vital information, it makes them aware of their rights. It provides opportunities to people living in remote areas or villages. The internet has created countless jobs directly and indirectly and allows people to work freelance. Perhaps, no other invention has had such a tremendous impact on our lives during the last twenty years.
The internet acts as a leveler. By giving internet access to the poor and depressed sections of the society, the government can bring them to the mainstream and ensure their participation in growth and development.
To conclude, the internet has the potential to create jobs and economic development. In my opinion, therefore, the government spending on the internet is justified.
- IELTS sample essay: Should governments provide free internet?
- Band 7 essay sample: People spend a lot of money on celebrations. Is this justified?
- IELTS essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- IELTS essay sample | Spending money on preventing illnesses is better than spending it on treating them
- IELTS essay: Is internet good or bad?
- IELTS essay sample | Should governments fund artists?
- Sample essay: does money bring happiness?
- IELTS sample essay: Should governments support professional sporting events?
- Band 8 Essay: Public libraries are no longer required because of the internet
- Band 9 essay sample | Should governments provide weekly financial assistance to the jobless?