IELTS essay sample | Fast foods are bad. Do you agree?
The fast food industry has negative effects on our health, the environment and family eating habits. Do you agree or disagree?
Fast foods have invaded our kitchen and living room. They have changed our eating habits and made us prone to developing several health problems. I certainly agree with the argument that fast foods have a negative impact on our health and on the environment.
To start with, fast foods cause several health problems. They are rich in calories and make us obese. Regular consumption of fast foods leads to several health problems including diabetes, heart trouble and liver damage.
Most people who consume packaged food products are actually aware of their health consequences; still they can’t resist the temptation to eat them. There are several reasons to this. First, fast foods taste better. They use several ingredients that make us addicted to them. Second, fast foods are readily available. It takes hours to cook a meal. Today, most of us lead busy lives that leave us with little time to cook or clean. As a result, we are often compelled to buy fast foods even though we are aware of their health consequences.
Fast foods have a negative impact on the environment as well. The junk food industry uses plastic for packaging. The environmental consequences of plastic are well-known. Each year tons of plastic end up in landfills. It spoils the soil and clogs the drains.
Eating habits of families have also changed due to the adoption of fast foods. Parents and children munching on packaged foods sitting in front of a television is now a common sight. Gone are the days when families used to sit around a table to enjoy a meal.
To conclude, fast foods have a negative impact on almost all aspects of our life and the environment. In my opinion, it is high time we expelled them from our lives.
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- Band 9 essay about GM foods
- IELTS essay sample: Should consumers avoid over packaged products?
- IELTS essay about causes of obesity
- IELTS essay sample: Advertisements targeting young children should be banned
- IELTS essay sample: Computer technology has more of a negative impact than a positive impact on the society. Do you agree?
- IELTS writing test in Hong Kong and Singapore: Cooking food at home is a waste of time
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Eating home-cooked food is better than eating out
- IELTS Essay: Schools don’t give enough importance to health education
- IELTS essay about advantages and disadvantages of home appliances