IELTS essay: People should choose a job they love. Do you agree?
After leaving school or university, young people should choose a job or career that they love, rather than one that pays the best salary. To what extent do you agree with this statement?
For some people, money is the biggest factor that determines their choice of career. They will pursue high-paying jobs even if they don’t enjoy it. Others, on the other hand, follow their heart and choose a career they love. Personally I believe that job satisfaction is far more important than salary.
Jobs are an important aspect of life. An average human being spends a great deal of his or her time in the workplace. If you love your job, you don’t need another reason to get up early in the morning and leave for work. People who enjoy their job look forward to going to their workplace every morning. Moreover, if you enjoy your work, you are more likely to prosper in your career. You may not earn a huge pay packet in the beginning, but your passion for your profession will ultimately take you places. On the other hand, if you are in a career that you detest, you are unlikely to have the motivation to go to work. This lack of enthusiasm will ultimately limit your chances of professional growth. Worse still, if you don’t like your job, it could stress you out and lead to many health problems.
This doesn’t necessarily mean that money is not important. Of course, it is. You are unlikely to be happy if you do not earn enough to make a living. However, there is no justification for doing something that you don’t enjoy just for the sake of making more money.
In conclusion, it is clear that choosing a career that one loves has many advantages over choosing one just for the sake of money. If you love what you do, your chances of success are pretty high and money will follow.
- Some people believe that giving a weekly allowance will help children to develop good spending habits. Do you agree or disagree?
- IELTS Speaking Questions: Job-Related
- IELTS essay: Do you think that moving abroad for better jobs is good?
- Verbs complementation: what can follow a verb?
- Using on the one hand, on the other hand
- Celebrities earn more money than other professionals. Is this justified?
- IELTS sample essay: should governments provide financial assistance to writers?