IELTS essay: More people are traveling than before. Why is this?
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task. Write about the following topic.
More people are traveling today than ever before. Why is this?
In recent years, there has been a massive increase in the number of people who engage in international travel. Many factors are responsible for this phenomenon. For example, with the advent of low cost airlines, the cost of air traveling has come down. This has encouraged more and more people to spend their vacations in exotic foreign destinations. The growth in international trade opportunities is also prompting more and more people to travel.
As competition heats up among airlines, air tickets become more and more affordable. And when air tickets become more affordable, more and more people are going to travel. Another equally important reason is the rise in the number of households with disposable incomes. Many families now earn a lot more than they need. People with high income are exploring newer ways to spend that money. It is quite common for them to travel to foreign countries. Families with surplus income are also more likely to send their children abroad for higher studies.
In addition to this, the world as a whole is becoming one big global village. Growing trade opportunities in the developing world have encouraged multinational corporations to open offices in them. People who work for MNCs have to engage in international travel very frequently. This was a relatively unknown phenomenon until the world economy opened up one or two decades ago.
After analyzing the situation, it is easy to see that tourism and trade are the main factors that contribute towards the increase in international travel. If the world economy continues to grow at this pace, this trend is going to continue.
- IELTS Essay: What effects do traveling parents have on their children?
- IELTS Model Essay
- IELTS sample essay: A lot of older people suffer from loneliness these days
- IELTS Writing: Model Essay 1
- IELTS essay: Do you think that moving abroad for better jobs is good?
- IELTS Essay: Why do people watch foreign films first, before local films?
- Celebrities earn more money than other professionals. Is this justified?
- IELTS sample essay: people now spend a lot of money on their wedding
- Sample essay: A number of historic buildings have been destroyed. What are the reasons for this?
- IELTS Essay: While some people like to a live sporting event, others prefer to watch it on television