IELTS essay: All learning should be done online
Giving lectures in classrooms/auditoriums to large numbers of students is an old way of teaching. With the technology available today there is no justification for it, and everything should be done online. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion.
Technology has changed every aspect of our life. It has changed the way we shop and communicate. It has also changed the way we access information and learn. Both students and teachers have adopted technology in a big way. Still, in a large number of schools and colleges around the world education is imparted orally. A teacher or a professor standing in front of a large number of students explains the lessons orally. Some people believe that such methods should be replaced by online teaching and learning. However, I beg to differ.
Online learning certainly has some advantages, but we still don’t have enough data to prove that it is better than conventional methods of teaching. When students learn from a teacher in a classroom, they are actively involved in the learning process. Several studies have shown that online learning is less effective than attending a classroom. Also, traditional classrooms give students an opportunity to interact with one another. And if they have any doubts, they can get them cleared instantly. Students can also exchange their notes and handbooks.
This, however, does not mean that technology hasn’t helped the process of learning. In fact, the internet has played a vital role in education. With the help of the internet, people can find information on any subject. The internet has also made it possible for students to learn a foreign language from their country. For example, a student does not have to travel to China to learn Chinese. They can find Chinese tutors online and learn from the comforts of their home.
To include, technology has certainly made learning easier. However, I don’t believe that the internet should replace teachers. In my opinion, the traditional method of teaching is way better.
- Band 9 essay sample: Online learning is better than classroom learning. Do you agree?
- IELTS writing task 2: Do you think that training is necessary to be a good teacher?
- Band 6.5 essay samples: Online shopping has become more popular than in-store shopping
- Band 9 essay sample: Is learning another foreign language before English a waste of time?
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- Topic card: Talk about online shopping
- IELTS Essay: Has technology made us more efficient?
- Band 8 Essay: Public libraries are no longer required because of the internet
- IELTS sample essay: should internet be regulated?
- Band 8 essay sample: The internet should be controlled