IELTS essay: Advantages and disadvantages of freelancing
Nowadays many people work part or full time from home. Some people say that working from home has many benefits while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Nowadays many people do freelance work either part time or full time to enjoy a better lifestyle. Some people argue that freelancing will affect a person’s financial security and long-term career prospects; however; others feel that it will make their life less stressful. In this essay, I will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of freelancing.
The argument that freelancing affects a person’s financial security is true to a certain extent. Freelancers do not have a mixed monthly income. They will make money only if they find good projects. Also, the demand for freelancers does not always remain the same. For example, a few years ago, there was a major crisis in the IT industry. Since the IT sector is the biggest provider of freelance jobs, many freelancers did not have any projects for several months. This had a serious impact on their financial situation. If people are employed with an organization, they will receive a raise every year. They may also get a promotion if they deliver good performance.
On the other hand, freelancing has several advantages. Thanks to the flexible hours, freelancers manage to achieve better work-life balance. Also, they can decide how much they should charge for a project. Many freelancers are paid on an hourly basis. So if they work long hours, they will be able to earn more money. In addition, freelancers do not have to work under the supervision of a boss. A bad boss can seriously affect the productivity of an employee. People even leave organizations because of their dissatisfaction with the management. But when you freelance you don’t have a boss constantly breathing down on your neck. For many freelancers, this freedom is the biggest draw.
To conclude, freelancing has both positive and negative aspects. However, it is not hard to see that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. In my opinion, this trend will grow in popularity in the coming years.
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- IELTS band 8 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of hosting international sporting events
- IELTS Essay: The number of older people is rising. What are the advantages or disadvantages of this?
- IELTS essay: Compare the advantages and disadvantages of different mediums for car advertisements
- IELTS Essay: Is work-life balance necessary?
- IELTS Writing task 1 – letter
- Special uses of this and that
- Band 9 essay sample: Online learning is better than classroom learning. Do you agree?
- IELTS sample essay: Why do couples delay parenthood?