IELTS essay about people wearing clothes of the same kind
IELTS essay topic
In the past people used to wear traditional clothes. Today, people all over the world wear the same kind of clothes. Is it a positive or negative development?
Western clothes like shirts, trousers, coats and skirts are popular all over the world. They have replaced traditional costumes. Personally, I believe that this is a positive development. It has reduced discrimination based on clothing, boosted the economy and bought comfort to our lives.
Perhaps the huge popularity of western clothes can be attributed to the fact that they can be worn by all people. They are versatile and look good on most people. Also these clothes can be worn by both men and women.
There are several benefits to wearing western clothes. First of all, people who wear western clothes face less discrimination. They do not represent any country or ethnicity from their clothes. For instance, Chinese, Japanese or Koreans, all look alike if they are wearing western style. Thus, to a certain extent uniformity of clothing has protected people from discrimination.
Secondly, when people all over the world wear the same kind of clothes, it leads to economic growth because all brands can sell similar styles. This helps small exporters from India or Bangladesh to compete with large clothing companies in the US or the UK.
There is yet another benefit to wearing the same kind of clothes. You can buy them from anywhere in the world. As a result, people who live or travel abroad do not have to carry a lot of clothes with them when they leave their mother country.
To sum up, there are several benefits to wearing clothes of the same kind. I also believe that uniformity of clothing improves our inner confidence.
- IELTS Speaking Test Questions
- IELTS essay: The clothing and fashion industry have a big influence on people. Is this a good or bad thing?
- IELTS Essay: Some people believe that advertisements targeting children have negative effect on them
- Band 9 essay sample: Is living alone a positive development?
- Band 7 essay samples: Flights have become cheaper. Is this a positive development?
- IELTS about the growing popularity of part time jobs
- IELTS essay: Do you think that moving abroad for better jobs is good?
- IELTS Model Essay
- IELTS test in India and Saudi Arabia
- IELTS sample letter