IELTS essay about lack of discipline among youngsters
IELTS essay topic
Children are becoming undisciplined. Discuss the causes of this problem and suggest solutions.
Lack of discipline among youngsters is one of the biggest problems that we face today. Children don’t listen to their parents or teachers and often indulge in activities that are harmful to them as well as the society.
There are many causes of indiscipline among youngsters. The emergence of nuclear families is one of them. In nuclear families, children are the center of attraction. Parents cater to their whims and fancies. Pampered children are more likely to grow into undisciplined youngsters. They don’t take responsibility for their actions. They throw tantrums when they don’t get what they want. They don’t appreciate the hard work their parents put in to bring them up. They simply hate authority.
The situation is worse in families where both parents work. Children are often left under the supervision of a baby sitter who may or may not be competent enough to perform the job. When parents are busy and do not keep tab on their children, they are sowing the seeds of indiscipline.
Teachers have also lost the respect and authority they used to enjoy. Nowadays the relationship between the teacher and the student has become very shallow. Teachers are under tremendous pressure to complete the syllabus. As a result, they cannot impart value based education. This causes students to go astray. The media also glorify acts of violence and rebellion. Youngsters are highly impressionable. They get influenced by all that they see and hear.
There is no denying the fact that indiscipline among young people has become a social malady. This is a major cause for concern. Children are the future of a nation. They cannot be allowed to indulge in destructive activities. Parents and teachers need to monitor their activities and show them the right path whenever they go astray. The media can also play an important role in inculcating values in children.
- IELTS essay: Teenagers are becoming addicted to drugs
- IELTS Speaking Questions: Family- related
- IELTS Writing: Model Essay 1
- IELTS essay: Youngsters prefer to move to the city whereas seniors prefer the countryside
- IELTS Band 6.5 essay sample: Youngsters resort to violence to give vent to their frustration
- IELTS Essay: What effects do traveling parents have on their children?
- Crime rate among teenagers is on the rise: Essays written by students with suggested corrections
- Band 9 essay sample: Should governments fund higher education?
- IELTS sample essay: A lot of older people suffer from loneliness these days
- Band 9 essay sample: Children should spend more time outdoor playing games