IELTS essay topic
Airlines are dropping their prices. Is it a positive or a negative development? Support your stand with examples.
Airfares are falling. In my opinion, this is a positive development because it allows more people to travel overseas, do business, learn new languages and discover interesting places.
Low airfares will definitely encourage more and more people to travel to exotic locations abroad. They get to discover new places and culture. The influx of travelers also benefits the local economy. I feel that travel has the potential to make the world a better place. When people travel to other places, they learn to respect various cultures, lifestyles and beliefs. This helps them develop a better perspective on life and makes them more tolerant of differences.
Falling airfares have a very positive impact on the economy as well. It benefits exporters because they can take their products to foreign markets without having to spend a lot of money on transportation. It helps consumers as well. Indian textiles are more expensive in America than in India because the cost of transportation is also added to the price. Cheaper air travel will make imported goods more affordable. Cheap air travel also benefits international students and business people who regularly travel abroad.
Perhaps the only downside is the impact on the environment. There are toxic pollutants in the plane exhaust and they can cause health problems and global warming. While these are definitely causes for concern, better technology may prevent these problems in the future.
To conclude, falling airfares benefit everyone who has to travel long distances for business or recreational purposes. Increase in air travel also boosts the economy and creates jobs. I definitely feel that this is a positive development.
- Band 9 essay sample | People now live in different places during their lifetime. Is this a positive trend
- IELTS Essay: Should single adults be encouraged to study and live away from their parents
- Band 9 essay sample: Should students participate in international student exchange programs?
- IELTS Model Essay
- IELTS essay: More people are traveling than before. Why is this?
- Band 9 essay sample: Is learning another foreign language before English a waste of time?
- IELTS essay: Is television a better source of information than traveling?
- Band 9 essay sample: Should governments invite foreign companies to open branches?
- Band 9 IELTS essay: Advantages and disadvantages of being a celebrity
- Band 9 essay sample: Is living alone a positive development?