IELTS essay about advantages and disadvantages of home appliances
Nowadays, more and more people are using consumer goods such as refrigerators and washing machines. Are there more advantages or disadvantages to this? Give your own opinion and examples.
Home appliances like refrigerators and washing machines have certainly made our lives easier. They are a boon to working couples. Of course, there are a few disadvantages as well.
In many families both spouses work. They can’t even imagine a life without washing machines or refrigerators. After working for hours in the office many people lack the energy or inclination to cook when they reach home. Refrigerators have made lives easier for them by keeping cooked food fresh for a long time. The washing machine is another appliance that has changed our lives. Machines with drying systems are particularly helpful to people living in small apartments where they don’t have enough space to hang and dry clothes.
Of course, every coin has two sides. Technology is no different. It has both positive and negative aspects. Home appliances, for example, are great for saving time. However, they are not exactly good for health. Fresh food is a whole lot healthier than refrigerated food.
The modern society is suffering from many ailments. The main culprit is the sedentary lifestyle that most of us lead. Our grandmothers used to sweep and mop the floors and wash their clothes by hand. They didn’t suffer many of the health problems that we face today. Yes, our lives are more comfortable but most of us also complain of backaches, stiff knees, diabetes and high blood pressure. We will be able to keep many of these diseases at bay by simply leading an active lifestyle. This requires us to reduce our dependence on technology and appliances.
After analyzing both sides of the situation, it is not hard to see that home appliances have both merits and demerits. However, in my opinion, their merits outweigh their demerits. Also, by using them properly and incorporating some physical activity into our daily routine we can get around many of the problems posed by them.
- Band 9 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of modern communication technologies
- IELTS Essay: The number of older people is rising. What are the advantages or disadvantages of this?
- IELTS Essay: Has technology made us more efficient?
- IELTS essay: Advantages and disadvantages of freelancing
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computer games
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- IELTS essay: Has technology caused traditional ways of life to die
- IELTS writing test in Hong Kong and Singapore: Cooking food at home is a waste of time
- Band 9 essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of longevity