IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter expressing dissatisfaction with room mate
Write a letter to your hostel manager expressing your dissatisfaction with your room mate.
My name is John smith: A third year Mechanical Engineering student. I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with my current accommodation. In particular, I am facing difficulties in coping with my roommate, Jonathan, who is in the same course as me. First, unlike me, Jonathan stays up very late at night and sleeps through the day. This is inconvenient for me because he is often on the phone when I am asleep. Given that I am a light sleeper, I am having severe sleep disruption.
On top of that, he likes to play his music at high volumes when he is in the room. Although he only listens to music when I am awake, I find it hard to concentrate in my studies. Consequently, I have resorted to studying in the library, which has not been working very well for me either.
Therefore, I would like to request for a single room. I do not mind sharing the bathroom, but I want to have the room for my self. I understand that this arrangement would be more expensive, and I am willing to cover the additional cost. I do not want to save money at the expense of my academic performance.
- IELTS Sample Letter: Letter to a librarian
- IELTS Letter: Write a letter to your friend expressing your inability to meet on a particular date
- IELTS Writing task 1 in Dubai – letter
- Topic card: Describe a library that you visit
- Band 8 letter sample | Leave of absence letter
- IELTS writing task 1 (letter)
- IELTS letter: thank-you letter to ex-employer
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to friend
- IELTS speaking test in Iran – January 2012
- IELTS letter topic seen in Australia