Some people think it would be a good idea for schools to teach every young person how to be a good parent. Do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Describe the skills a person needs to be a good parent.
Every new generation is the building block of its future society; therefore, responsible parenting is an undisputed desirable behaviour. Being a good parent is predicated by building on ones personal experiences. Hence, despite the notion that parenting practices need to be included to schools syllabus, I conjecture that it would be more effective to deliver such education at a later stage of life: just before marriage.
Good parenting practices require adeptness that is acquired through experience. At the early stages of education, at school, teenagers need to obtain basic survival competencies. For example, they need to learn communication abilities, which will allow them to build successful careers. Similarly, every stage of life entails different skills. As young adults reach a point in their lives, where they decide to get married, teaching them parenting skills becomes a priority. For example, in Singapore parenting is taught right before actual marriage.
Successful parenting requires allowing discretion and teaching basic values. I believe that for a person to realise his potential, he need to be given the freedom to make major decisions in his life. Strident parents opinions debilitates the creativity of their children. However, it is obviously crucial for parents to preach universal human values, such as truthfulness, integrity and the like. Therefore, parent’s role is to assist and not to control the younger generation.
In short, parenting skills are germane to individuals who have made the choice of starting a family; those are the people who, evidently, need to understand the effective parenting practices: teaching basic values and allowing for the freedom of decision.
- IELTS essay: Parents should teach children about money
- IELTS Essay: Some believe that students who fear their teachers excel academically…
- Crime rate among teenagers is on the rise: Essays written by students with suggested corrections
- IELTS sample essay: Should children be allowed to follow their instincts?
- IELTS Essay: Friends have a greater influence than parents on young people
- Band 7 essay samples: Should noisy and disobedient students be taught separately?
- Band 6 essay sample: What are the causes of having children later in life?
- IELTS writing task 2: Do you think that training is necessary to be a good teacher?
- IELTS model essay: Are social skills more important than academic skills?
- IELTS Essay: Are schools providing specialized training better than those providing general education?