Human activities have led negative effects on plant and animals all over the world. Some people think it is too late to do something about it. Others think there is still some time to take actions. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8.5 IELTS essay on this topic? Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8.5 IELTS essay sample
Plants and animals have already suffered a great deal of damage due to human activities. Some people think that nothing can be done to undo the damage we have already caused to the planet. However, I am still hopeful.
Since human population is increasing year after year, there is a need for more and more resources. Also, people are living longer. More space is now needed to accommodate them and to grow food for them. Hence, trees are cut down to build houses and to make furniture. Forests are cleared for growing crops and these activities lead to the loss of habitat for birds and animals. Many species of birds and animals have already become extinct. Even so, I am hopeful that it is never too late to do something about this.
Actually, environmentalists all over the world have already started working together to mitigate this problem. They have begun to spread awareness among public. They have made people realize that deforestation not only leads to the loss of flora and fauna but causes climate change by increasing the amount of greenhouse gases present in the atmosphere. People have sort of realized that humans cannot exist when other forms of life go extinct. Many countries have already passed laws that ban the killing of animals for their body parts or for fun.
For example, about a decade ago, humpback whales became almost extinct due to overfishing but after environmental enthusiasts launched vigorous conservation programmes their number has bounced back. Thus it is evident that with active participation of everybody concerned we can solve this pressing issue in a short period of time.
To conclude, while it is true that we have already caused considerable damage to other forms of life, it is still possible to reverse some of the changes and save the planet. The way forward is to create awareness and to act together with the objective of saving this planet for tomorrow.
- Human Activity Has Had A Negative Impact On Plants And Animals | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Human Activity Has Had A Negative Effect On Plants And Animals
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Human Activity Has Had Significant Negative Impact On The Planet
- IELTS essay: Some people believe that animals should not be used for profit. Do you agree or disagree
- Many animals are being hunted to the brink of extinction. How can this issue be tackled?
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About The Extinction of Wildlife Species Due To Human Activity
- More And More Wild Animals Are On The Verge Of Extinction | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Protecting wild animals is a waste of resources | Band 8 essay samples
- IELTS essay sample: Some scientists believe that only certain species of wildlife should be protected
- Do You Believe That Experimentation On Animals For Scientific Purposes Is Justified | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample