How Elderly People Spend Their Time | Task 1 IELTS Report Sample
The graph below shows how elderly people in the United States spent their free time between 1980 and 2010.
Here is a report on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, reports and letters corrected by me.
Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
The line graph reveals the percentage of aged people who adopted five different recreational activities during the period from 1980 to 2010 in US. Overall, there was an increase in the proportion of people undertaking all of these activities except watching TV. In 1980, TV watching was the most favourite activity among old people with as much as 60% of them engaging in it. By 2000, their proportion had reached 70% but afterwards it dropped slightly and reached 65% by 2010. Interestingly, hiking was the second least liked hobby of the elderly (20 percent), but its popularity increased over the years and by 2010, almost 80% of the elderly were participating in it. The percentage of people interested in reading and theatre gradually oscillated over the decades. On the one hand, the percentage of people interested in theatre gradually decreased from 50% in 1980 to 30% in 1990. Afterwards, it started climbing and in 2010, about 45% of the elderly was engaging in it. The proportion of people interested in reading showed the highest level of fluctuation. It climbed from 30% in 1980 to 40% in 1990 and then plummeted to 20% in 2000 before increasing dramatically to 60% in 2010. Internet surfing was the only activity that recorded a dramatic rise in the proportion of users. While only about 5% of the seniors were surfing the net in 1980, their proportion catapulted to 50% by 2010.
- Australian Men And Women Who Did Regular Physical Activity | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Transport Modes In A European City | IELTS Report Sample
- Expenditure In Someland | Band 7.5 IELTS Report Sample
- Task 1 Academic IELTS Report | Units Of Electricity Produced In Australia And France
- Band 7 IELTS Report | Percentage Of Tourists To England
- IELTS report about US University applications
- Percentage Of Households In Owned And Rented Accommodation | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
- Number Of Trips Made By Children In One Country | Band 7 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- Band 7.5 report about US University applications
- Recycling Rate For Selected Materials | Band 8 IELTS Report