Home Schooling Is Becoming Popular As More Parents Are Choosing To Educate Their Children In This Way | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Home-schooling is becoming increasingly popular as more and more parents are choosing to educate their children in this way. Why do you think parents might choose home-schooling rather than traditional schools? Do you think home-schooling is more beneficial?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Follow us on Youtube for IELTS writing tips and lessons.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Over the last few years there has been an increase in the number of parents who choose to educate their children at home. Home schooling is becoming more popular because it is convenient and cheap. However, in my opinion, it is not as beneficial as regular schooling because it provides children hardly any opportunities to interact with their peers or the world outside.
Parents are increasingly choosing home schooling for their children because it allows them to study at a time and pace convenient to them. This is quite beneficial for very young children as they do not have to get up early in the morning and rush to school. Learning from the comforts of home is also suitable for students who learn at a slow pace. Another advantage of home schooling is that it is cheaper. If parents are educated, they can teach their children themselves and thus save a lot of money on school fee. Parents also have the option of tweaking the curriculum to suit the specific requirements of their child. For example, they can add an extra language to the curriculum or remove another subject that they think is not useful for their children.
Even so, in my opinion, regular schooling is more beneficial for the overall development of children. In a school, children get to learn from experts. Another advantage is the opportunities for social interactions provided by a school. A school is a microcosm of the world outside and in a school children learn a lot of invaluable life skills like the ability to interact with friends, peers and teachers. They learn to share, make friends, cooperate and compete with their classmates. Home-schooling does not provide any of these advantages. While it may be more convenient and cheaper it does not help to mold children into confident adults who know how to successfully conduct themselves in the world outside and solve problems.
In conclusion, home-schooling is becoming more popular because it is more convenient, flexible and less expensive. However, in my opinion, it is not as beneficial as regular schooling because it does not provide enough opportunities for social interactions.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Home Schooling Vs. Regular Schooling
- Band 8 Essay Sample About Advantages And Disadvantages of Home Schooling And Regular Schooling
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Regular Schooling Vs. Home Schooling
- Band 9 essay sample about the advantages and disadvantages of homeschooling and regular schooling
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Home Schooling Is Better Than Regular Schooling
- Some People Believe That Teaching Children At Home Is Best For A Child’s Development | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Teaching Children At Home Is Best For A Child’s Development | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Advantages And Disadvantages Of Teaching Children At Home And School
- Some People Believe That Teaching Children At Home Is Best For A Child’s Development | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays, Online Education Has Become Popular As More Institutes And Companies Offer Courses Online | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample