High School Students Should Be Taught Money Management | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that secondary or high school student should be taught money management because it is an important life skill. Do you agree or disagree with the statement?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Financial management is a useful skill that everyone must have. Many people argue that secondary school students should be taught money management at school. I agree with this view.
To commence with, teaching teenagers about saving and managing money can help them to understand its value. At this age most of them are already aware of the financial status of their family. They know how hard their parents work to send them to school and provide them other amenities. Also, most children receive some pocket money when they are in high school. If they have money management lessons in their syllabus they will figure out the best way to use their pocket money. These lessons will give children an understanding of the need to budget everything. They will also learn about the functioning of national and international economies. Better still, they will learn to respect the efforts put in by their parents.
In addition to this, schools can enhance the money management skills of young people by allowing them to run a canteen or other services inside the school campus. They can also start a saving scheme for students and encourage them to deposit their pocket money in it. Schools should also encourage financially well-off students to help their underprivileged peers by helping them pay their fee or buying them textbooks.
To conclude, money management is all about making the best use of the available resources. It takes only a few years for teenagers to become adults and if they did not figure out how to manage their finances at high school, they will struggle as adults when they have to manage everything on their own. Hence, I believe that high school students should be taught financial management.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay sample | Money management should be taught at school
- IELTS Band 7.5 Essay Samples: Money Management Skills Should Be Taught At Schools
- Some People Think That Schools Should Involve Students In School Management | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People Do Not Know How To Manage Their Money
- Band 7 essay sample about compulsory community service for high school students
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Students Should Take A Gap Year Between High School And University
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People Lack The Ability To Manage Their Finances
- Band 8 IELTS essay sample: children should be taught the importance of money
- Band 7.5 essay about children spending money instead of saving it
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Advantages And Disadvantages Of Teaching Children At Home And School