Government Spending On Restoration Of Old Buildings In Cities Should Be Stopped | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Government spending on restoration of old buildings in cities should be stopped. Instead they should spend the money for housing and road development. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, the government should stop restoring dilapidated old buildings and instead invest in new homes and better roads. In my opinion, the government should spend on both. New homes and good roads are certainly important; however, if old buildings can be restored it is essential to spend on them as well.
On the one hand, due to the ever growing population, the demand for new homes is on the rise. Furthermore, spending money on new residential buildings will make people feel safer as they have state of the art security measures in place. Everybody needs a roof over their head and building new homes is the first step in this direction. Building better roads should also be a priority of the government. The poor condition of the roads are the main causes of traffic jams and accidents. By improving the condition of roads and flyovers, the government can make them safer and ease traffic congestion.
On the other hand, the government authorities should spend some of their resources to restore the heritage sites as these attract a lot of international visitors. This would increase the revenue of the local tourism industry which eventually boosts the economy of the country in a longer run. For example, the number of tourists visiting the famous Humayun tomb in Delhi has increased by 40% after its renovation last year.
In conclusion, it is important to restore old buildings and build new homes and roads. Each one serves a different purpose and together they all help to improve the living conditions in a country.
- Some People Believe That Instead Of Renovating Old Buildings, The Government Should Build New Infrastructure | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Restoration of old buildings is expensive
- The Restoration Of Old Buildings Cost Enormous Amounts Of Money | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some people think that the government should knock down old buildings and make way for new buildings | IELTS essay sample
- Some People Believe Government Should Spend Money On Building Train And Subway Lines | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Old Buildings Should Be Restored; Others Say That They Should Be Demolished | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Buildings should be beautiful as well as functional
- Car Ownership Has Increased So Rapidly Over The Past Thirty Years That Cities Are Now One Big Traffic Jam | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Do You Think Design Of Buildings Have Positive Or Negative Impact? | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Government Should Increase Defence Spending To Protect People