Government Should Improve Existing Public Transport Instead Of Investing In Super Fast Trains
In a number of countries, some people think it is necessary to spend large sums of money on constructing new railway lines for very fast trains between cities. Others believe the money should be spent on improving existing public transport. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, new railway lines should be built for super fast trains. Others insist that spending money on existing transport networks is more important. While I do admit that existing roads and rail networks should be improved, in my opinion, it is equally important to invest in superfast trains.
No doubt existing public transport systems need to be improved. After all, they are the lifeline of a country. They connect every nook and corner of the country and facilitate the transport of goods and people. The best thing about public transport is that it is affordable and accessible. Also, by improving the frequency and reliability of buses and trains, the government can discourage the use of private vehicles. This will reduce traffic congestion and improve air quality.
However, improving the existing roads and railway lines alone will not help. It is important to embrace new technologies as they arrive. Super fast trains are one of them. They significantly reduce the travel time between places. This is important in a vast country like India or China. For example, traveling from Kashmir to Kanyakumari on a bus or a train takes 4 or 5 days now. If there are superfast trains, this travel time can be reduced significantly. This will give a big boost to trade and tourism. Of course, these trains will require a large initial investment, but the return on investment will also be pretty high and hence it is justified.
To conclude, superfast trains are the need of the hour and hence I fully support spending money on them; having said that, it is equally important to improve existing public transport because an efficient network of roads and trains is the backbone of any economy.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it in the comments below for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Spending Money On Super Fast Trains Vs. Spending It On Existing Public Transport
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | In order to solve traffic problems government should tax private cars owners heavily and use the money to improve public transport
- IELTS essay sample: Some people believe that governments should invest in trains to solve traffic problems
- The best way to reduce traffic congestion in cities is to provide a free public transport service | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems Is To Provide Free Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Problems with public transport
- IELTS essay: The usage of private cars is increasing. What are the problems associated with this?
- Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health | IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing The Number Of Sports Facilities Will Improve Public Health
- IELTS essay sample | Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health