General writing task 1 (letter) as seen in the UK
The following question was asked in an IELTS test held in the UK in November.
General writing task 1 (a letter)
Your friend has offered to sell you something. Write a letter to this friend. In your letter you have to include:
- what the item is
- questions requesting details of the item being sold
- what price you think is fair
I hope this letter finds you in good spirits. I am writing regarding the Samsung Galaxy Tab you have offered to sell to me. I am keen on buying this machine, because I have always wanted to own a tablet computer. However, I would really appreciate it, if you can clarify a few details regarding this transaction.
The last time that we spoke you had said that the tablet is in good shape and works well. I just want to know if it is capable of handling some games. As you might know, I am not an avid gamer, however, I would like to play a game or two from time to time. I would also like to know whether this model is WiFi-only. I am not very keen on buying a 3G-enabled model because I don’t need always-on connectivity. Would you mind writing back to me with these details?
As for the price, well, I am willing to offer you $500 if the tablet is still covered by a warranty. If you accept this price, I would be happy to finalize our exchange as soon as possible.
Waiting to hear from you.
- IELTS writing task 1 (letter)
- IELTS Writing task 1 in Dubai – letter
- IELTS Writing task 1 – letter
- IELTS Writing: Sample Letter
- IELTS Writing: Model Letter 1
- Academic and general training writing module
- IELTS writing and speaking test in Australia – General training
- IELTS letter writing: how to write an informal letter?
- IELTS writing task 2: Do you think that training is necessary to be a good teacher?
- IELTS Sample Letter