Fossil Fuels Are The Primary Source Of Energy Around The World | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Fossil fuels are the primary source of energy around the world. However, people are being encouraged to use alternative energy sources such as wind energy, solar energy, and so on. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Fossil fuels such as petrol and coal are the main source of energy everywhere in the world. Some governments promote the use of renewable sources like solar energy and wind energy. I believe it is a positive development because it is environment-friendly and it can help to improve the economy of the country.
The primary reason why the use of energy sources such as wind and solar is positive is that these are clean sources of energy and are not harmful to the environment. In other words, the burning of fossil fuels to generate electricity releases harmful gases into the atmosphere and causes pollution, which can damage public health. However, wind and solar energy do not emit any kind of toxic gases into the atmosphere. For instance, according to a research done by the Guardian in the year 2015, the wind is one of the cleanest and most sustainable ways to generate electricity as it produces no toxic pollution or global warming emissions.
Another reason to consider is that alternative energy can enhance the economy of the country by providing more job opportunities. That is to say that the renewable energy sector provides many different types of jobs, including positions in manufacturing, installation, engineering, sales, marketing and more. Therefore, it can reduce the problem of unemployment to some extent, and can result in an improved economy of the country. For example, a study done by the New York Times revealed that more than 10 million people work in the renewable energy sector worldwide, with more than 500,000 new jobs added in 2017.
To conclude, I believe that the use of renewable energy sources like solar energy is a positive development because it does not cause pollution in the environment and it can create more jobs for people, which can boost the economy of the country.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | In Order To Meet Growing Energy Requirements Undiscovered Places Should Be Opened Up
- Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular As A Source Of Household Energy | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world
- IELTS essay sample about climate change
- Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular As A Source Of Household Energy | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular As A Source Of Household Energy | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Electricity Generation In Germany And France | Band 9 IELTS Academic Module Task 1 Report
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample About The Growing Popularity Of Solar Energy
- Solar energy is becoming more popular | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample