Fossil Fuels Are The Main Source Of Energy Around The World | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Fossil fuels are the main source of energy around the world. However, people are being encouraged to use alternative energy sources such as wind energy, solar energy, and so on. Do you think this is a positive or negative development? Why?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
These days there is a greater emphasis on switching to renewable sources of energy like solar and wind. In my opinion, this is a positive development because these sources never get exhausted. Also, they do not pollute air or water unlike conventional sources like fossil fuels.
Fossil fuels are non-renewable. That means they cannot be replenished. The truth is that we have already consumed much of the fossil fuel available to this and if we continue to consume it at the current rate, we may run out of its supply in a few decades. Should this happen, every aspect of our life will come to a standstill. Obviously, there is an urgent need to switch to alternative sources that can be renewed. Another downside of our dependence on fossil fuels is that they emit harmful gases that contribute to global warming. Sea levels have already started rising and many coastal towns now face the risk of getting submerged. Limiting the use of conventional energy sources is the most effective way to reverse this trend.
On the other hand, alternative sources like wind or solar are clean and green. They do not pollute air. Also, they are inexhaustible sources. By simply switching to solar or wind energy, we can improve air quality to a great extent. We can also eliminate the risk of running out of energy. Of course, harnessing solar or wind energy requires a higher initial capital but they are highly cost effective in the long run.
To conclude, switching to alternative sources of energy is a positive development because they are eco-friendly and available in abundance.
- Fossil Fuels Are The Main Source Of Energy Around The World | Band 9 Essay Sample
- Fossil Fuels Are The Main Source Of Energy Around The World | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Fossil Fuels Are The Primary Source Of Energy Around The World | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- People Are Being Encouraged To Use Alternative Energy Sources Like Wind Ad Solar
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world
- IELTS essay sample about climate change
- The Exploration And Development Of Safe Alternatives To Fossil Fuels Should Be The Most Important Global Priority Today | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | In Order To Meet Growing Energy Requirements Undiscovered Places Should Be Opened Up
- Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular As A Source Of Household Energy | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample