Fossil Fuels Are The Main Source Of Energy Around The World | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Fossil fuels are the main source of energy around the world. However, people are being encouraged to use alternative energy sources such as wind energy, solar energy and so on. Do you think this is positive or negative development? Why?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Coal, oil and natural gas are major sources of energy all over the world. Of late, authorities have started promoting the use of renewable sources like wind and solar. In my opinion, this is a positive development because unlike coal or petrol, renewable sources are eco-friendly.
Firstly, it is undeniable that the usage of non-renewable resources has increased at an alarming rate. Fossil fuel currently supplies 85% of the world’s energy, but when burned, their carbon emissions are the main contributor to global warming. This leads to several problems like melting of glaciers in the poles, depletion of ozone layer and so on.
On the other hand, renewable source produces clean energy. Thus, it creates a pollution-free environment and increases the quality of our planet as well as life on earth. For example, the WHO organization reported that there is a dramatic improvement in the air quality in the European countries after they started relying more on solar energy 10 years ago.
Secondly, fossil fuel requires millions of years to form from the dead vegetations and animals that get buried deep inside the earth and it cannot be produced in the laboratory as it requires extreme temperature and pressure. Therefore, the use of fossil fuel at this rate will lead to their exhaustion. Besides, it cannot be reused once it burned. Unlike non-renewable energy, renewable energy is derived from resources that are replenished naturally. In addition, while the initial cost of installation is pretty high, the cost savings over the years easily justify this investment in solar or wind energy.
In conclusion, switching to alternative sources of energy like solar or wind is a positive development because they produce clean and green energy that does not cause any real harm to the environment. Also, these sources are renewable and hence there is no danger of them ever getting exhausted.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Fossil Fuels Are The Primary Source Of Energy Around The World | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world
- Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular As A Source Of Household Energy | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular As A Source Of Household Energy | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample About The Growing Popularity Of Solar Energy
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | In Order To Meet Growing Energy Requirements Undiscovered Places Should Be Opened Up
- IELTS essay sample about climate change
- Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular As A Source Of Household Energy | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Solar energy is becoming more popular | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample