Forests are the lungs of the earth | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Forests are the lungs of the earth. Destruction of the world’s forests can result in the death of the world we currently know. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Forests are an integral part of the planet earth and they are like lungs of it, as they help the planet to breathe properly. Therefore I am in consummate accord with this statement and in my opinion deforestation will eventually lead to the end of many species on earth.
Forests keep ecological balance intact and help the survival of numerous species including human beings. They have an impact on climate and weather conditions. Trees in forests help to purify the air by taking CO2 and releasing oxygen. They provide shelter to several animals during all seasons like hot summer and heavy rainy season. They play a key role in maintaining the temperatures balanced. If the planet has trees in abundance, the change of seasons will occur naturally.
On the flip side, deforestation leads to irreparable damage and severe /disastrous consequences. More and more trees are being cut down to accommodate the needs of the growing population. This in turn is impacting the earth in a very undesirable manner. For instance, the increased pace of deforestation accelerates global warming and results in the melting of polar ice. Uncontrolled cutting of trees also leads to air pollution. If trees are cut, the air does not get purified and the polluted air becomes a major health hazard for all living beings. Many animals and birds have already lost their habitats and are facing extinction. As forests are destroyed, the rare herbs and medicines found in them also get destroyed.
In conclusion, forests play a key role in the survival of life on the earth and excessive deforestation will wreak havoc and lead to the loss of most of the species and ultimately the end of life on the planet.
- IELTS essay sample: Some scientists believe that only certain species of wildlife should be protected
- IELTS essay: Some people believe that animals should not be used for profit. Do you agree or disagree
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About The Extinction of Wildlife Species Due To Human Activity
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Human Activity Has Had A Negative Effect On Plants And Animals
- Some scientists think that there are intelligent life forms on other planets and messages should be sent to contact them while other scientists think that is a bad idea and it would be dangerous | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay about excessive consumption of natural resources
- Protecting wild animals is a waste of resources | Band 8 essay samples
- IELTS essay sample | The growth in population is the biggest threat humanity faces
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Human Activity Has Had Significant Negative Impact On The Planet
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | There Is No Place For Zoos In The Twenty-first Century