Food Has Become Easier To Cook | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Give reasons for your answer using your own ideas and experience.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
The advent of technology has had a tremendous impact on our day to day life. For example, we now have several home appliances that make it easy to cook food. However, in my opinion, this ease of cooking food can have both positive and negative impacts.
The biggest advantage of this change is that people can save the time and energy required to prepare meals. In other words, they no longer have to spend the entire day in the kitchen. For example, home appliances like refrigerators, mixer grinders and microwave oven have even enabled many women to go out to work because they have plenty of free time on their hand. Also when food can be cooked in a matter of minutes even the busiest of people can eat proper meals.
However, there is a downside to it. Often times, easily prepared food is not very healthy. For example, many people have the habit of cooking huge amounts of food. They store the excess food in the refrigerator and subsist on it for days. When it is time to have a meal, they just take the food out of the refrigerator and heat it. The leftover is again stashed in the fridge. While the refrigerator may prevent the food from going stale, the nutritional value is definitely lost. Regular consumption of refrigerated food can have a negative impact on the health of people. There are also many concerns about the safety of food cooked in microwave ovens.
To conclude, there are certainly many advantages to being able to cook food easily. However, easily cooked food may lack in nutrients or cause health problems. Even so, the ease of cooking has generally had a positive impact on the day to day life of people.
- IELTS writing test in Hong Kong and Singapore: Cooking food at home is a waste of time
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Eating home-cooked food is better than eating out
- IELTS essay about advantages and disadvantages of home appliances
- IELTS essay about unhealthy eating habits in children
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Fast Food Is Replacing Regular Meals
- Band 9 Essay About Increasing Tax On Fast Foods
- IELTS essay sample | Fast foods are bad. Do you agree?
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You work from home and have a problem with a piece of equipment that you use for your job
- IELTS speaking test in Melbourne – January 2012 (Academic module)