Films Can Have An Effect On Children’s Education And Teach Them Many Things | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Films can have an effect on children’s education and teach them many things. Do you think it is always a positive influence?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Movies create a long-lasting impression on the viewer’s mind and children are not immune to them. The films provide education to young kids on several topics and influence them in many ways. Although watching them for a prolonged period might affect the kids adversely, the benefits of these cannot be undermined. Hence, I believe that if the negative effects of movies can be controlled then films can be proved as a useful tool for education.
Undoubtedly, movies impart moral values and influence children greatly. In other words, films based on wildlife, environment awareness, science, culture of different regions and many more topics are very much informative and children learn a lot by watching them. For instance, the popular movie ‘Jungle Book’ teaches that humans should treat animals equally and befriend them. Moreover, it conveys the message that conserving forests is essential to maintain the biodiversity of the world. Therefore, if children watch these kinds of movies then they will imbibe the good values and become sensible and responsible individuals.
On the other hand, some are of the opinion that watching films for a long period is egregious and it has detrimental effects on the children. They will be addicted if they are exposed to movies all the time and will not give importance to their homework, sports or any other activities. However, I think that if the guardians limit the screen time then children will be benefited enormously. For example, when parents allow children to watch movies once or twice a week, then education in the form of movies can be very rewarding.
To recapitulate, films have both positive and negative influence on the children. In my opinion, if the content of the movies is supervised and screen time is limited and exercised with responsible guidance then the effect will be largely positive for the children as movies transmit educational content in an effective way.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay sample | People prefer to watch foreign films rather than local films
- IELTS essay about foreign films and local films
- Some People Say That Now We Can See Films On Our Phones And Tablets There Is No Need To Go To The Cinema | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Now We Can See Films On Your Phones Or Tablets | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Films Can Be Watched On Mobiles And There Is No Need To Go To Cinema | Band 9 Essay Sample
- We Can Now Watch Movies On Phones So There Is No Need To Go To The Cinema | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Now We Can See Films On Our Phones Or Tablets And There Is No Need To Go To The Cinema | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That Media Coverage Of Celebrities Has A Negative Effect On Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Films And Computer Games Which Contain Violence Are Very Popular | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Why do people watch foreign films first, before local films?