Films and games can be accessed at any time from mobile devices, likes smart phones, tablets and laptop computers. Do the advantages of such developments outweigh the disadvantages?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
People use portable mobile devices and laptop computers to watch and play films and games at any time of the day. In my opinion, there are more drawbacks than advantages to having constant access to movies and video games.
Admittedly, there are some basic advantages to using mobile devices and laptop computers anytime for entertainment. One of the minor advantages is that people can entertain themselves whenever they want. For example, people watch movies and play games while travelling on a bus or aeroplane. This helps people to stay engaged even when they have fewer options for other sources of entertainment. Another small benefit could be not having a feeling of loneliness. People who stay alone and who do not have many activities to do could potentially avoid the state of loneliness by using electronic devices for entertainment.
Despite the minor advantages written above, in my opinion, the uncontrolled use of electronic devices for entertainment has significant drawbacks. One of the significant problems is that many people, especially youngsters, get addicted to it. Young people keep themselves occupied with video games and movies in most of their free time. They do not have time for even physical activity and this affects their health adversely.
Another major issue to consider is the lack of discipline in people to control and stop electronic entertainment, specifically for resting time. For instance, people use their devices to entertain themselves even at late night, which affects their sleep. Not sleeping well for a long time potentially creates health issues.
In conclusion, drawbacks of having unrestricted access to entertainment using portable devices far outweighs any of the minor advantages it brings for people.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate. Want to improve your grammar? Buy my book with proven tips and tricks to improve your grammar and writing.
- Many Children Have Access To The Internet And Mobile Phones At Very Young Ages | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- What Are The Negative Impacts Of Playing Computer Games On Children | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Young People Today Spend More Time Than Ever Before Playing Video Games | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computer games
- An Increasing Trend Is For Young Adults To Play Computer Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | People prefer to watch foreign films rather than local films
- IELTS essay sample | Are computer games bad for children?
- There Are Social, Medical And Technical Problems Associated With The Use Of Mobile Phones | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Individual Games Vs. Games That Require Team Work
- Band 9 essay sample: Children should spend more time outdoor playing games