Art is considered an essential part of all cultures throughout the world. However, these days fewer and fewer people appreciate art and turn their focus to science, technology and business. Why do you think that is?
What could be done to encourage more people to take interest in the arts?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Though art has always been an intrinsic part of all cultures, its appreciation has been diminishing in recent times. This essay will analyze the reasons for this trend and also articulate steps needed to motivate people to appreciate art.
A variety of factors has contributed to the decline of interest in art. Firstly, the holistic value of art is not widely understood as most people view art as either luxurious indulgence or unproductive hobby of those who do not have aptitude for science or business. The fact that art is an innately creative discipline that helps both understand and propagate subjects such as history, culture and sociology is seldom understood. Hence people do not spend time and money to savour art, be it by buying paintings or viewing theatre performances. Secondly, as a consequence of the above point funding for art has depreciated thereby triggering the vicious cycle of diminishing supply-demand. Lastly, art as a career option is not a mass employment category and hence it does not get the visibility needed to attract aspirants.
Given this, it is imperative that steps are taken to reverse this trend. The principal action to be taken is to build awareness about art in the wider society. A sustained omni-channel campaign across traditional and digital media educating people on the not-so-apparent value of art will produce salutary effects. Furthermore, art should be introduced in schools in a wide range of mandatory and optional modules and this will both pique curiosity and inculcate interest in children. Lastly, the government should sponsor art events as part of various promotional programmes to seduce people to get a taste of art.
In conclusion, with concerted efforts along the lines outlined above, interest in art can be generated and sustained. An enhanced appreciation will sustain the ecosystem of patronage, supply and scholarship.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Fewer And Fewer People Appreciate Arts These Days
- Some People Fail In School But End Up Being Successful In Life | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | People Are Losing Interest In Arts
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Fewer schools are requiring children to learn and improve their handwriting skills. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages of this trend?
- Every year several languages die out. Some people think that it is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Despite Advances In Agricultural Sector, Many People Still Go Hungry | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Local People Do Not Visit Museums And Historical Places | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Are Buying Products Of Large Businesses. What Problems Does This Cause | IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | More Tourists Than Local People Visit Historical Places
- Some People Think That Higher Taxes Should Be Collected From Industries Causing Higher Industrial Pollution | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample