Famous People Sometimes Give Their Opinion On Public Issues | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Famous people sometimes give their opinions on public topics. Is this a good thing? To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Celebrities often convey their opinions on general topics. Sometimes it is not good for the public. However, in my opinion, when celebrities talk about common issues, they help create awareness among the public and it is largely good.
To begin with, due to their popularity famous persons’ opinions reach the audience quickly. In addition, celebrities have mass appeal. Thus it is good when they voice their opinions because it helps the issue reach more people. In addition to that many people, especially youngsters, blindly trust their role models and pay attention to them and follow their way. Because of this reason when celebrities talk about social issues, they help mobilize public support. In a developing country like India where more than half of the population constitutes youngsters, the opinions of celebrities have huge impact.
However, discussing public issues is not the job of a celebrity and oftentimes they are not qualified to do so. Also, it is better if well-known people keep their mouth shut on controversial topics that might instigate violence in the society. For example, if an actor gives an opinion in favour of his religion, it can upset followers of other religions. In the worst case scenario, this might even lead to violence. Therefore, famous people should consider public interest when they give their opinions.
In conclusion, although giving opinion on general topic is not the job of a celebrity, I believe that they should express their views in order to create awareness.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay sample | Media is paying too much attention to famous people
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Being a celebrity such as a famous film star or sports personality brings problems as well as benefits.
- IELTS Band 6.5 essay sample: Youngsters resort to violence to give vent to their frustration
- Some People Believe Famous People’s Support Towards International Organizations Draws Attention To Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Celebrities Are Now More Famous For Glamour And Wealth | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays celebrities are mainly famous for their glamour and wealth | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Celebrities Are More Famous For Their Money And Glamour
- Should media write about the private lives of celebrities | IELTS essay
- People find it very difficult to speak in public or to give a presentation before an audience | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Some People Think That It Is Better To Choose Friends Who Always Have The Same Opinion As Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample