Experts Say That If Older People Spend Their Time With Others And Exercise Daily, They Will Be Healthier And Happier | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Experts say that if older people spend their time with others and exercise daily, they will be healthier and happier. However, many elderly people do not exercise and spend time alone. What are the reasons for this? How can this be resolved?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Some people believe that if senior citizens increase their social interaction and keep themselves physically active they can lead a healthy and happy life but most of them do not do so. This essay will try to identify the reasons behind this and offer some possible resolutions for the same.
There can be several causes behind this trend. First, many seniors live alone. Their children have migrated to cities in search of better employment. Consequently, they are alone most of the time. While going out and talking to neighbours is still possible, many elderly people choose to stay within the confines of their home. This could be due to the nagging aches and pains that afflict everyone as they age. Unfortunately, when they do not move about much, their health deteriorates even further. There are also some seniors who believe that they have discharged all of their duties and there is nothing more for them to do. They also tend to live a life of inactivity and seclusion.
There can be some possible solutions to this issue. Governments and private organizations should offer jobs to senior citizens. This benefits them as well as the organization because they can stay mentally and socially occupied while putting their extensive experience and expertise to good use. Seniors are experienced people. There should be avenues for them to use their knowledge and experience for the benefit of them. For example, they can engage in community work. Also, the older people should indulge more in hobbies they find interesting. Gardening for instance, can keep a person on his toes and physically fit. Furthermore, the older generation people can join local clubs with their peers and friends to reduce loneliness.
To conclude, older people lead a sedentary and isolated lifestyle mainly due to age related ailments that restrict their movement. They can solve these problems to a great extent by getting involved in community work and pursuing a hobby.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some Organizations And Companies Say Older People Are Better As Leaders | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Doctors Recommend That Older People Should Get Regular Exercise | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Young managers are better than older managers. Do you agree?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | The Number Of Older People Is Increasing
- Band 9 essay sample about traditional values of older people
- IELTS Essay: The number of older people is rising. What are the advantages or disadvantages of this?
- IELTS essay sample | Seniors and youngsters are competing for the same jobs
- Some People Say That Students Of Different Age Groups Should Be Put In The Same Class | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS sample essay: A lot of older people suffer from loneliness these days
- Some People Think That Young People Should Spend More Of Their Free Time At Home | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample