Expenditure In Someland | Band 7.5 IELTS Report Sample
The three pie charts below show the changes in annual spending by local authorities in Someland in 1980, 1990 and 2000. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Here is a band 7 IELTS report on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7 IELTS report sample
The given pie charts show information regarding the proportion of annual budget spent on different sectors by the local authorities in Someland in the years 1980, 1990 and 2000. Overall, it can be seen that a major chunk of the budget was used for higher education during the given period. While in 1980, Someland spent 35% of its annual budget on higher education, the spending on this area in 1990 and 2000 was 45% and 40% respectively. The next biggest expenditure was K-12 education and it was at around 25%, 20% and 18% in 1980, 1990 and 2000 respectively. Interestingly, the expenditure on this area decreased over the years.
As for transportation, the proportion of money spent was as low as 6% in 1990, whereas in 2000 it was slightly more than one third of the total expenditure. The annual expenditure in health and human resources in 1990 (20%) was twice that in 2000 (10%). The expenditure on environmental services and others never rose about 10% during the three years. Actually, the expenditure on environmental services was 4% and 5% in 1980 and 1990 but it rose to 9% in 2000.
- Band 8 IELTS report
- Band 8.5 report
- IELTS report about US University applications
- Band 7.5 report about US University applications
- Band 8 Academic IELTS Report Sample | Information About The Different Types Of Audio Media
- Band 9 IELTS report sample
- Band 7 IELTS Report | Percentage Of Tourists To England
- Airport Visitors | Band 7 Academic IELTS Report
- Band 8 report about average house prices in various cities
- IELTS report about average distance traveled by Englanders