Excessive Use Of Smartphones Affect Literacy Skills Of Students | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that excessive use of smart phones badly affects teenager’s literacy skills. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
While some people think that smart phones play an important role in the learning process of students, others believe that excessive use of these devices does not help to achieve academic objectives. This essay is against / I am against the excessive use of smart phones among teenagers because after spending much of their time on these devices, teenagers are left with no time for their studies. Moreover, children do not like to play sports because they prefer to play games with their mobile phones.
When teenagers spend most of their time on mobile phones, it is natural that they will not have time for academic studies. The time spent on phones is not productive; therefore, traditional academic learning should be encouraged instead. Also, juveniles who are always glued to their phone use it excessively for chatting with their friends. While chatting is not particularly bad, the problem is that they use weird abbreviations and SMS lingos to convey ideas. Their conversation makes practically no sense to someone who is not familiar with this time. At the same time, they fail to learn to communicate using standard words and expressions. No doubt, this generation of students has poor written communication skills.
Spending excessive time on their phones also prevents students from reading. Earlier people used to read when they had free time. Actually, many of them made a conscious effort to find time to read something. These days, teens are constantly hooked to their phones. They read neither newspapers nor storybooks. Instead they keep themselves busy updating their social status. Needless to say, they have limited knowledge of the world they live in.
In conclusion, the use of mobile phones does not help in the learning process and hurts the literacy skills of young people. Hence, it is recommended that students limit the amount of time they spend on their phones.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: The increasing use of computers and smartphones have affected people’s writing skills
- Band 9 essay sample | Watching TV or playing video games affect the intellectual development of children
- IELTS essay sample | Are social skills becoming more important than academic skills?
- Band 9 essay sample | Students should be separated according to their academic skills
- Schools Should Spend More Time Teaching Skills That Can Help Students Get A Job | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS model essay: Are social skills more important than academic skills?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People No Longer Read Newspapers Or Watch Television
- Many Children Have Access To The Internet And Mobile Phones At Very Young Ages | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Are Social, Medical And Technical Problems Associated With The Use Of Mobile Phones | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay about mobile phones and young children