Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Language extinction is becoming increasingly prevalent in this day and age. Some people believe that this should not be a cause of concern as life will be simpler with fewer languages. I completely disagree with this opinion and I believe that life will still remain as complicated as it is even with fewer languages.
Firstly, the number of languages that an average person is able to be comfortably fluent in will be two or three at the most. If people are of the opinion that the demise of certain languages would make it easier for them to use their native language for fluently communicating overseas for work or travel, they would be completely mistaken. This is because the countries have deep rooted traditions and cultures that cannot fade away so quickly. For instance, one would still have to learn Chinese or Japanese if they would like to work in either of these places.
Furthermore, countries with one language are not free from a complicated life. This is because the root of the complexities of lives does not reside in the number of languages that exists in the world, but in the way mankind treats one another. We could have two people in a room who speak the same language but have multiple disagreements and have another two who might get along very well despite the language gap.
In conclusion, I believe that life will not be much easier just because there are fewer languages. In fact, the world will be a much more interesting place if different cultures and languages co-exist. Also, ultimately life will become simplified only when the mankind shows the resolve to bridge the gap in their everyday communication.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Every year several languages die out. Some people think that it is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important | IELTS essay sample
- Every Year Several Languages Die Out | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Every Year Several Languages Die Out | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: Can we allow languages to die?
- IELTS essay sample | Should languages be allowed to die?
- IELTS essay sample | Languages are dying around the world. Is this a positive development?
- Computers Can Translate All Kinds Of Languages. Hence Children Will Not Have To Learn Languages | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Learning English At School Is Often Seen As More Important Than Learning Local Languages | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Should Governments Spend Public Money On Saving Languages | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample