Energy Use In A Typical Australian Household | Band 8 IELTS Report
The pie chart below shows where energy is used in a typical Australian household, and the table shows the amount of electricity used according to the number of occupants. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Here is a band 8 IELTS Academic Task 1 report on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 Task 1 Academic IELTS report
The given pie chart illustrates the power consumption in a regular Australian household and the table depicts how the amount of electricity consumed depends on the number of the people living in the house. According to the pie chart, more than one third of the power is used by Heating and cooling devices whereas exactly a quarter of the total energy is being consumed for heating water. Together standby power, cooling, lighting and refrigerators consume more or less the same amount of energy used for water heating. Other appliances like clothes and dish washers, toasters, hairdryers and irons use 16% of power.
The table shows that the electricity used by a single person household is in between 5,000-6,500 Kwh per year whereas a couple consumes up to 8500 Kwh. Power consumption by a three member household is 7,500- 10,000 units annually whereas the maximum units of electricity used by a family of six or more members is 16,000 Kwh. Thus, with every addition to a household, the per-capita usage of energy gradually decreases.
Do you have a report on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Australian Household Energy Consumption | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world
- Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 report sample | Household spending patterns
- Electricity Generation In Germany And France | Band 9 IELTS Academic Module Task 1 Report
- Task 1 Academic IELTS Report | Units Of Electricity Produced In Australia And France
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample About The Growing Popularity Of Solar Energy
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular
- Band 8 essay sample | Advantages of nuclear energy outweigh disadvantages
- Solar energy is becoming more popular | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample