Employers Sometimes Ask People Applying For Jobs For Personal Information | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Employers sometimes ask people applying for jobs for personal information, such as their hobbies and interests, and whether they are married or single. Some people say that this information may be relevant and useful. Others disagree. Discuss both the views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
These days the recruitment process of some multinational companies involves answering various questions related to the candidate’s personal and professional data. Many people opine that too many personal questions are being asked and they do not feel the need to answer them, whilst some others do not find any harm in answering such questions. I agree with the latter group, as I think that giving some general information would not pose any serious problems.
Firstly, general information is asked by the human resources department the big companies to identify the inherent and hidden talents of the employees and to provide them the right platform to showcase their talents. For instance, in my firm during the annual parties and celebrations the HR team contacts the amateur singers and dancers from among the employees using the information they provided during the interviews. Getting an opportunity to perform before their colleagues boosts the confidence of employees and makes them feel appreciated / rewarded. This makes the people feel they are valued and important at their workplace and eventually increase their productivity.
On the contrary, some people are introvert by nature, or may be too cautious when it comes to their personal data. They are worried that their information could be leaked. Moreover, a few others may think that their personal hobbies may affect their chances of securing a job as these hobbies may alter employer’s decision. However, I strongly believe that these trivial things will in no way hurt your employment prospects if you do well in the interview.
To conclude, even though some people may object to sharing their personal data with firms citing security issues and/ or due to their reserved nature, I am of the opinion that sharing our favorite pastime information with our employer would do us more good than harm. It will let people know more about us and give us more space to improve our extra-curricular talents.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Employers sometimes ask people applying for jobs for personal information, such as their hobbies and interests | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Are Asking For Too Much Personal Information
- Employers Sometimes Ask For The Personal Information Of Employees | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | Should employees share personal information with the employer?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Sometimes Ask For Personal Information Of Job Applicants
- Scientific And Technological Information Should Be Shared Freely | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 letter sample | Asking for information about part-time jobs in a foreign country
- Some Employers Want To Contact Their Employees At All Times | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Internet Has Replaced Traditional Books As Sources Of Information | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Working Couples Must Share Household Responsibilities Equally | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample