Employers Sometimes Ask For The Personal Information Of Applicants | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Employers sometimes ask people applying for jobs for personal information, such as their hobbies and interests, and whether they are married or single. Some people say that this information may be relevant and useful. Others disagree. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is thought by many people that the personal details of a prospective employee could be beneficial; others, however, opine that it is irrelevant and employers should not seek these details. While there are several benefits to asking for the information pertaining to the interviewee, in my opinion, the disadvantages of this practice outweigh the advantages.
Many people argue that the information about a candidate has uses. By gathering this data, an employer can match the candidate’s skills to the job. For instance, if a person is brilliant in mathematics and can solve the numerical problem, he could be a perfect choice for a job requiring calculation of figures and interpretation of results. As a result, the costs involved in training a new joiner could be reduced significantly and the employer could leverage the ability of his employee to improve his business performance and increase the revenue.
However, gathering this information may do more harm than good. Firstly, the the personal data of the employee could be misused. For instance, the phone number and residential address of the female employees could get leaked which otherwise would have stayed confidential. This situation could be detrimental to the employee. Secondly, interest and hobbies of a person does not reveal his aptitude or skills. For example, a person with the desired skills may be short tempered and may lose his cool in a situation which requires urgent attention. A liar may conceal the truth and fabricate his personal details to get the job.
In conclusion, even though the employer may gain an insight into the candidate’s personal details, this data may not be relevant and could do more harm than good.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Employers Collect Personal Information From Job Applicants | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Sometimes Ask For Personal Information Of Job Applicants
- Employers sometimes ask people applying for jobs for personal information, such as their hobbies and interests | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Are Asking For Too Much Personal Information
- Employers Sometimes Ask For The Personal Information Of Employees | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | Should employees share personal information with the employer?
- Employers Sometimes Ask People Applying For Jobs For Personal Information | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Employer Should Pay Attention To The Personal Qualities Of Employees | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some Employers Want To Be Able To Contact Their Employees At All Times
- People Give Technology Companies Access To Their Personal Data | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample