The pie charts show the electricity generated in Germany and France from all sources and renewables in the year 2009. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
Here is a band 9 IELTS report on this topic. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
The given pie charts show the proportion of electricity generated from different sources in Germany and France in the year 2009. Overall, it can be seen that 59.6% of the total electricity produced in Germany was from conventional thermal sources whereas in France nuclear sources accounted for 76% of the total electricity produced. Germany produced 17.4% of its total electricity from renewable sources. Biomass (39.3%) and wind (36.9%) were the main sources of renewable energy in Germany. Other sources were hydroelectricity (17.7%) and solar (6.1%). Only 23% of the total electricity in Germany was produced from nuclear sources.
By contrast, France generated 76% of its total electricity from nuclear sources. Renewable sources generated only 13.7% of the total electricity in France and thermal sources generated even less (10.3%). Hydroelectricity (80.5%) was the most common form of renewable electricity in France. The other two sources were wind (10.5%) and biomass (8.1%). Solar energy accounted for only 0.9% of the total renewable power produced in France.
Do you have a report on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Reading module practice test 1
- Band 7.5 Report Sample
- Band 8 IELTS report sample | Access to refrigerator, electricity and water among people in Ghana
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample About The Growing Popularity Of Solar Energy
- IELTS Academic Report Sample | Visits To And From UK
- Solar energy is becoming more popular | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Academic writing module: overview of first writing task
- Band 7.5 IELTS Report | Academic Task 1 | Development Of A Village
- An International Car Free Day Is A Solution To Air Pollution | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample