Educating People About The Harmful Effects Of Junk Food Will Reduce Its Consumption | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Scientists agree that many people are eating too much junk food and it is damaging their health. Some people think that these problems can be solved by educating people to eat less junk food. Other people believe that education will not work. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Health experts and researchers have proven that the excessive consumption of junk food can be troublesome for one’s health. It has now given rise to many health related concerns. A lot of fitness experts, dieticians, and nutritionists are trying to teach the people about the consequences and associated risks of junk food. In my opinion, these awareness campaigns certainly help but they are not enough.
Generally speaking, people have no idea of their daily intake of carbohydrates or fats. Both are present in higher quantity in all types of junk food. Hence excessive consumption of fast food may create many health problems in the future. The recent statistics show that there has been an increase in the incidences / cases of heart problems, diabetic issues and obesity problems amongst even young people. To counter this, the government has already launched many health education campaigns. In my opinion, these campaigns certainly help people to distinguish healthy food from unhealthy food.
However, by simply imparting education about the importance of eating right, the government cannot reduce the consumption of junk food. To start with, many people who consume these convenience foods are highly educated. They know fast food harms their health; yet they consume it because they find it easy and convenient. For example, busy executives do not have time to cook proper meals. It is easier for them to grab a packet of instant noodles than to prepare dosa or chapathi at home. Health awareness programmes may not have the right effect on them. A better solution is to make healthy food more affordable and more easily available.
To conclude, launching educational and awareness campaigns about the harmful effects of junk food is certainly beneficial; however, that alone is unlikely to reduce the consumption of junk food because lack of awareness is rarely the reason that encourages people to eat junk. A better solution is to make healthy food readily available.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Consumption of Fast Foods
- Band 9 essay sample about increasing tax on food items
- IELTS essay: Obesity can be tackled by increasing the price of junk food items
- It seems clear that obesity in today’s society is to some extent due to the availability of fast food | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- Band 7 essay about increasing tax on fast foods
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Educating Criminals in Prison Will Reduce Crime Rate
- Some People Prefer To Eat At Food Stalls Or Restaurants Other People Prefer To Prepare Food At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay About Increasing Tax On Fast Foods
- IELTS Essay: Kids today are not as fit as they were in the past