Earlier, People Wore Clothes Which Were Related To Their Culture But Now People Wear The Same Kind Of Clothes | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Earlier, people wore clothes which were related to their culture but now people wear the same type of clothes all over the world. Is this a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
These days people all over the world prefer to wear similar kinds of clothes, unlike in the past when they chose attire related to their culture. I believe that this trend has significant benefits for the society.
One such positive aspect of wearing internationally accepted dressing style is that it prevents discrimination based on the style of clothing. When people travel abroad wearing western outfits such as jeans, t-shirts or dresses, they feel they are a part of that society. Hence, such feeling will allow them to comfortably interact with other people / natives. If they were wearing traditional outfit while roaming around, they might look awkward.
Take an example of a business meeting in a foreign country. A person wearing a traditional Indian dress such as dhoti or kurta will not allow a meeting to run smoothly as people attending it will stare that person. Thus, one should wear outfits which are accepted worldwide.
Another possible benefit is that it will save a considerable amount of cost and time. Since traditional dresses of many countries involve a lot of hand-work, embroidery and complex designs, it requires a lot of man hours to make them. In addition, people who are going to purchase those products will have to pay huge amount of money. On the other hand, as western outfits are machine made, they are considerably cheaper. While a pair of jeans and a t-shirt takes one hour to be made by a machine, an ethnic dress may take more than 48 hours to be made by four to five manual labors.
To conclude, there are several benefits when people wear similar outfits everywhere. It will allow them to blend in and help them save a huge amount of money and effort.
- In The Past People Used To Wear Traditional Clothes Depending On Their Culture | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about people wearing clothes of the same kind
- Some People Say That It Is Possible To Tell A Lot About A Person’s Culture And Character From Their Choice Of Clothes | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Now people wear similar clothes all around the world | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Today More And More People Like To Wear Fashionable Clothes | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Popularity of western outfits
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | The Popularity Of Fashion Clothes Shows The Tendency Of Human Beings To Copy One Another
- Some People Say It Is Possible To Tell A Lot About A Person’s Character From Their Choice Of Clothes | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That It Is Possible To Tell A Lot About A Person’s Culture And Character From Their Choice Of Clothing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | We Can Tell A Lot About A Person’s Character From Their Choice Of Clothes