During a recent plane journey, you sat next to a businessman who owns a chain of restaurants. He suggested you should contact him for a possible job opportunity. Write a letter to remind him about meeting and your interest in a job and why you think you are suitable.
Here is a band 9 IELTS letter on this topic. Need help with writing? Get your IELTS writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
My name is John and I am writing this letter with reference to an informal conversation we had on a JetStar flight last month. During the conversation you had mentioned that I could contact you if I needed a job at one of your restaurants.
Recently, while surfing your restaurant’s website, I noticed that there was a vacancy for a managerial position. I would like to apply for that. Currently, I am working in a hotel as a supervisor and I manage a team of twelve people. I think my experience as a supervisor makes me qualified for this position. I possess excellent people skills too.
As for my academic qualifications, I hold a Bachelor’s degree in hotel management and I have over ten years of experience in the hospitality sector. Consequently, I feel that I am perfectly suitable for this position. Please take a look at my CV for more information about my qualifications and work experience.
Thank you so much for your time and consideration.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- During a recent plane journey, you sat next to a businessman who owns a chain of restaurants | Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | During A Place Journey You Sat Next To A Man Who Offered You A Job
- Write A Letter To A Hotel Manager About The Poor Quality Of Food | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- Letter To Your Friend Suggesting A Good Place For Holiday | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS SpeakingTask card: Describe a recent journey
- You Are A Current Student Of Loren Brusque University | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- On A Recent Holiday You Lost A Valuable Item | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To Your Employer
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to friend
- Last Tuesday you flew from New York to Paris but forgot your bag on the plane | Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample